Thursday, August 19, 2010

Betsy Bee Day

So, today was the FIRST day in almost two years to see another face from Missouri (my long time friend Amanda Sipe doesn't count cuz she's cool like that). It was my most adorable friend, Betsy Bee and the plan was to see her at USU and give her my version of a mini tour on campus.

It started out as a rainy day, so my first thought was "BLUrgh. This is gonna suck." But it didn't!! The rain cleared up the minute I hit Sardine Canyon, even though I got stuck behind the most annoying lil' grandma who couldn't see 3 feet above the steering wheel for a good portion of the canyon.

I hit the mall to meet up with my dearest Betsy a good 15 minutes late (due to rain and grandma) and saw her most beautiful-ness at the center of the mall. It was like a moment from a movie. Flowers fell from the air. A choir of angels sang. Slow motion occurred. And the entire time we hugged, Betsy was eyein' the cutie pie working the cell phone accessory store. ;)

We then made our way towards our beautiful little campus. I wish I had a working camera so I could have showed you the absolute BEAUTY the campus was in due to rainy weather. It was green, green, GREEN. I'm tellin' ya, the Jolly Green Giant would have been envious of the campus.

I showed her my version of the awesome tour that our great A-Team (the awesome kids who give tours to noobies that are interested in attending our wonderful University) give to potential future students and showed her the awesomeness of our bookstore. I kept myself busy shopping for my textbooks while Miss Betsy was exploring the textbook half of the bookstore.
Our bookstore is actually split in half, with the textbooks and school supplies and what not kept on one side of the hallway that goes down the center of our TSC (Taggart Student Center) and the other half of the bookstore contains the clothing line featuring our school colors and our awesome 'A' and the other stuff that didn't fit into the first part of the bookstore.

I also showed her the awesome 'A' where little boy Aggie's and little girl Aggiette's become TRUE AGGIES (like myself :] ) and it was decided that Miss Betsy Bee could potentially become a cute lil TA!

I think the funniest part is when I showed Betsy where she would be staying for her first year at USU. We went to her dorm and the door was open but it appeared that no RA's or anybody were down on the first floor. So we just walked on in and I started to show her the main level of the building when all of the sudden, we heard a girl sneeze. Betsy and I did a O.O face and we BOOKED it outta there like we had skunk after us!! It was crazy.

The other highlights of the awesome day in Logan was taking Miss Betsy Bee to Aggie Ice Cream. She had a double scoop of Aggie Blue Mint and Cotton Candy. It was the cutest colors of blue and pink, and looked delish (I did my own double scoop of Aggie Blue Mint and Toffee Crunch. SO good. I loved the way the mint and toffee flavors blended together. It was tres yummy for my tummy.)

After inducting my dearest Betsy to the wonders of USU and expressing great love and appreciation for a wonderful day, I departed back to my home and she to hers. I'll be moving on up there soon enough, and she would be moving on down sooner than me.

August 30th is the first day of school, and I can NOT wait. Is that nerdy of me?



2 comments:

  1. you're cute! Awww...seriously Betsy was the only person you've seen since MO aside from Amanda? WOW! It's been too long for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so special!!! And on our next date I will show you the electronics man so you will understand ;)

    ReplyDelete